This is Delaiah’s first full week after having her microlocs installed and I thought I’d show you what it looks like now:
It has shrunk up a little because I’ve been moisturising it nightly but I expected that. Overall I think it looks great.
- Take a section of the locs
- Moisturise section with Hydrating Loc & Scalp Mist, which I made (Ingredients listed below) or just plain old water
- Rake fingers through section to detangle
- Two-strand twist locs
- Repeat until all locs are twisted (about 6 large twists in all)
- Take bobby pins, stretch one twist around the head and pin into place
- Repeat for all twists
- Cover pinned twists with satin scarf/bonnet for protection and to prevent lint build-up
- In the morning, take out twists and style
Loc & Scalp Hydrating Mist Ingredients: Peppermint Water, Aloe Vera Juice, Tea Tree Water, Witch Hazel Water, Chamomile Water, Lavender Water, Rosemary Water, Seaweed Extract, Glycerine, Shea Butter Esters (water-soluble), Fragrance, Panthenol, Preservative
I’ll be uploading a video soon which shows her week old locs up close as well as me doing the night routine on her locs so you can get a visual of it. I forgot to take pics though, so I can’t show you now. Sorry! Lol.
Until next time!